Happy to be included as a contributor to the recent post from Fixr.com on the subject of designing a home office.
You can read the full article here: Designing A Home Office in 2020 and Beyond: Expert Tips to Create the Best Workspace
Flat Rate Kid’s Room Design via Online Design for anyone, anywhere.
Looking to update a child’s bedroom, playroom, or kid’s bathroom? I can help! Offering a complete flat rate room design for just $500 per room. Email your room dimensions along with pictures of the room & any existing furniture you would like to incorporate and receive a complete room design which will consist of:
Please email JSInteriorDes@aol.com for more info, questions, or to forward photos and measurements.
Flat Rate Outdoor Patio Design via Online Design for anyone, anywhere.
Looking for ideas on how to design an outdoor backyard, deck, patio, courtyard, or balcony? Want help with accessory & furniture selections? Get a complete outdoor room design for just $450 with online design. Email dimensions along with pictures of the space along with any existing furnishings you would like to incorporate and receive a complete design package which will consist of:
Please email JSInteriorDes@aol.com for more info, questions, or to forward photos and measurements.
Need help with furniture layouts? Space planning?
Have a challenging room and trying to figure out how to arrange furniture?
Want expertise and a creative viewpoint?
Shopping for furnishings and need to know sizes and measurents of what to buy?
Have an office or commercial space that requires floor plans to be redrawn to comply with current social distancing guidelines?
I can help!
Email your measurements along with sizes of any existing furnishings you would like to incorporate and receive two furniture layout options for $150. Payable via Venmo: @Jill-Seidner
I was recently introduced to the company Smart Films International SFI. They develop and manufacture Smart Film and Smart Glass products for Privacy and Solar Control (Energy Efficiency) solutions. Smart Films International SFI supplies to both the architecture and automotive industries. I found it interesting for use in interiors to provide flexibility in glass treatments and being able to switch from transparent to opaque.
Privacy Smart Glass is an innovative solution for “privacy on demand”. It switches between opaque (milky-white) and transparent by applying electrical voltage. The advantages for privacy glass are:
· Significant noise isolation. (37dB Acoustic rating)
· Glass is hygienic and anti-bacterial glass
· Eliminates mechanical shades and blinds
· Wellbeing as it promotes use of natural light
· Can be controlled by Smart Home / Smart Offices systems
For Installers, Architects, Interior Designers, Property Owners they offer a full package of Self-Adhesive Switchable Smart Film ready to apply on existing glasses.
Privacy Glass offers endless design opportunities for space customization with Privacy Switchable Glass. You control your privacy with the touch of a button. The glass will change instantly from milky white to transparent at your demand.
For more info on Smart Films International SFI, visit their website: www.SmartFilmsInternational.com as well as on Facebook and Instagram.
Los Angeles is a city that represents many various styles of architecture. I have a great appreciation for its historical architecture, especially buildings from the 1920’s. Currently, I am working with a property investor on a 1922 built Mediterranean revival apartment building. It’s had several past owners and granted, not always the best maintenance nor improvements. However, I’m happy to be working with a real estate investment company that intends to preserve the building, with the goal of renovating the exterior to an updated version of it’s original and for the interiors, maintaining much of the original aesthetics with a contemporary remodeled kitchen and bathroom (as neither exist to what was original). I met with the clients for a property walk through just prior to our current quarantine. Since our initial meeting, I’ve been able to start working on the design planning process in anticipation of the future renovation. Wanted to share the process from concept ideas to design drawings and finish selections.
I always begin projects by putting together concept boards with images to help define the ideas and direction with notes to convey to the client. These are the ideas for the exterior paint colors and wrought iron details.
Some ideas for the exterior landscape, including the client’s request for drought resistant vegetation.
Ideas for the interiors incorporating much of the existing aesthetics.
The kitchen will be completely gutted and brought up to date. These ideas reflect a whole new look.
Like the kitchen, the bathroom will be completely renovated with the exception of preserving a dressing area that includes built-in cabinets.
The concept board with fixture and finish selections.
Elevation drawings for the kitchen.
Plan drawing and electrical for the new kitchen layout.
A concept board for the bathroom materials and selections.
The elevation drawings for the bathroom.
A plan and electrical plan for the bathroom remodel.
A concept board featuring the exterior and interior paint colors and all the finish materials together.
Looking forward to the next steps and seeing this project come to life!
As an interior designer, sourcing for projects online has always been a part of my business. I find that it is an efficient model to do research, a time saving means for clients, and as I become more familiar with finds, I increase my to go to resources. Considering today’s market and the current need for shopping online, it’s advantageous to build a relationship with a source for artwork since I include art selections in every project that I do. Art Habit is an online boutique gallery showcasing original paintings for sale from all over the world. Having a go to online shop curating art finds that I can incorporate into my projects is a really beneficial source.
Art Habit is a contemporary online art gallery featuring original paintings for sale. They represent twenty-five artists, both nationally recognized and emerging, with a wide variety of styles and price points.
After launching in March 2020, Art Habit has marketed themselves to a broad audience consisting of art collectors, home decor enthusiasts, and interior design firms. With over 500 pieces in their inventory, their online platform makes it easy to search for artwork by artist, price, size, or style. You can also browse the "top picks".
As more and more art is being sold each year via online platforms, Art Habit is poised to serve an ever-growing demand. With a commitment to featuring only the most unique, highly-sought after pieces, you can rest assured that when you shop with Art Habit you are purchasing a painting that is a great investment- both emotionally and financially.
The founder of Art Habit has an entrepreneurial background and has been involved previously in companies serving niche markets such as luxury ground transportation and private aviation. Their management understands the nuances of bringing a luxury product to market and filling an essential need for an appropriate client base.
I truly believe Art Habit will have longevity in this industry as their showcase is second-to-none and they truly have revolutionized a very traditional method of buying / sourcing art in a way that even the most novice collector can access.
Looking for a unique gift idea to give someone digitally? Currently offering online interior design consulting in both half hour or hourly increments. A great gift for the person who might need ideas and feedback for any of their design dilemmas. Works by emailing photos and questions of a room and in return they’ll be provided design ideas, solutions, links, photos, etc. E-Cards are available in increments starting at a half hour for $50. Please email for more info: JSInteriorDes@aol.com
Our current situation is leading us to take our business online more than ever before. The power of social media marketing is an important tool in all of this, too. I have long been providing online design; since the early days of 2006. However, it’s always been a balance of local in person clients along with online services. Recently, as with many of us, the in person relationship has had to transition to a completely virtual world. Many businesses, such as showrooms and stores have had to adapt to a completely digital world.
Embello Inc has published a great article regarding our current economic situation and the adaptability business’s have taken to maintain an online presence. Happy to be mentioned in this feature about the ways I’m including online design services to my clients.
Check out the entire post here on the Embello site.
With many of us spending more time in our homes in recent days, coming weeks, the novelty may soon wear off - if it hasn’t already! Our homes should be a place of respite, where we enjoy being in that is both comfortable and functional. Long periods at home might start getting to you (aka cabin fever) and to combat the urge to get out - I offer some ways to make staying at home for a length of time ....well, more habitable.
1. Consider rearranging your existing furniture. As they say, a change of scenery is always good. Considering your current scenery is your home, it might be a refreshing change to work with the pieces you already have. Mix it up. Move things from room to room. Be creative. Don’t be afraid of change. When I was little I was constantly rearranging the furniture in my tiny little bedroom. I enjoy the challenge of space planning. If you’d like some help, I offer 2 for 1 design layouts ($150 per room with two layout options). More info here.
2. Think about moving yourself round. Try working or spending time in different areas of your home throughout the day. Perhaps start your morning at the dining room table or kitchen counter. Step into your home office by mid-day. Venture outdoors for a bit for fresh air in the afternoon. Spend some time working from the sofa with a glass of wine later in the day. Retire to the bedroom by evening to wrap up those last few emails. Whatever it is, whatever you can do to mix things up - it might be fun to test out different places in your home to discover where you like being the best!
3. Take to your walls! Since many a day may pass that you are staring at those exact same walls perhaps now is a good time to create that gallery wall with art or family photos that you may have been wanting to do or move around some existing art pieces or even rearrange and bring in a few new art pieces or wall decor. Should you need any help, I offer hourly consultations and can help make recommendations for placement or create a gallery wall on a concept board like the one above. Design consulting for something like this is available as an online service too, more info here.
4. Bring in new accessories. A great to revive any room is by changing out or updating with new accessories. It could be seasonal, it could be bringing in a whole new color scheme, or if you want to include current trends - definitely consider doing that with accessories that don’t have to break the bank. For the concept board above, I helped a client layer in accessories for a great room playing off their existing console and other elements of the kitchen and family room areas.
5. Create an outdoor living space. Warmer days are coming and with so much time indoors, now is the perfect time to consider creating an outdoor area as an extension of your home to take advantage of that indoor outdoor living. Whether it’s your backyard, balcony, patio, front entry, or even a little landing - any place of respite will be welcoming when you need to get outside for some fresh air. Having a comfortable spot to sit, or work, with some added accessories adds another room to your home.
6. Paint color! One of the least expensive options and a DIY project if you’re up to it - is a fresh coat of paint. New paint colors can make a room - or rooms - look completely different too. If you want to be creative, try an accent walls, painting stripes, or half walls and experiment with different sheens too. Glossier walls add more reflection and can make a small room look larger too. If you need help with paint color selection or creative paint techniques, happy to help with online or onsite paint color consultations.
7. Finishes! While it may be a more involved project - sometimes it’s needed. Updated finishes makes an even bigger impact. That may mean changing out carpet to hardwood floors, small tiles to larger stone or tile, wall surfaces, and don’t forget about the grout! Minimal grout lines offer a cleaner more expansive look too.
8. Bedding and drapery. Probably the easiest most refreshing change of all - updated bedding or window treatments. Like with accessories, it could be a seasonal change but it may also just be time to replace worn bedding or tired looking drapery panels. There are also many other options for window treatments if you want to consider a whole new look.
9. The need for a home office. With working at home more now, there is definitely a need for a designated work area. You may need peace & quiet, less disruption, more organization and storage, and / or a presentable area for virtual meetings. I am currently offering a flat rate home office design package for $375 per room, details here.
10. A complete room redesign! Last but not least, there may just be that one room in your home that isn’t functioning right or is in need of a redesign. Along with that comes the all important and well thought out design planning. It’s important that the furniture pieces fit right for the space, often a need to take a creative look at how to make the room function well for all its purposes, along with coordinating art, accessories, colors, etc. For all of that, I offer a complete flat rate room design package for just $500 that includes all the design plans and resources that you can use to implement and purchase as your time and budget allow.
Looking for interior design help? Offering design consultations and online design for anyone, anywhere. Happy to help with any of your design needs!
Offering sponsored blog posts + social media campaigns, details here.
Gift Cards E-Cards for Design Consultations, more info here.
Online Design: complete flat rate room design, for anyone, anywhere. More info here.
Book A Design Consultation On-Site or Online for anyone, anywhere! Details here
Window Treatment Consultations
Moving Day Services
Design Layouts, 2 for 1!
Color Consultation for Interior/Exterior
Flat Rate Kitchen & Bathroom Design Package. Details here.
Flat Rate Home Office Design, just $375 here.
Flat Rate Outdoor Design, $450. Details here.
Flat Rate Room Design for Kids! $500 per room, details here.